Conservation

A small bindery, housed in Morton's Tower was established in the 1950s. It was set up to repair books damaged by bombing during the Blitz of 1941, when the Great Hall received a direct hit. With that work completed in the 1990s, the bindery was refitted to archival standards to become a dedicated conservation studio, where trained conservators carry out work on all aspects of our collections, such as binding conservation, the cleaning and repair of archives, manuscripts and printed books and prints.



The Whole Psalter Translated into English Metre (**E1440.P2)

New in Conservation

An example of recent work in the conservation studio.